As I enter the last few weeks of our stay in the City of Joy, I reminisce of all my fond memories of this place, professionally and personally.
On the work front, I have stepped up gears in terms of developing an understanding of mechanics of Corporatedom. I have morphed from a nuts & bolts engineer who has worked in different factories into a Business manager, I dare say. Because capital investments need understanding of business drivers and an appreciation of other functional aspects of running a business. And that has precisely been the key backbone of my work life in last two years over here.
On the personal front, this is the first time we have ever lived in a city of this size. And to adjust to living life in fast lane didn't actually take so much time as we thought ! Because Calcutta is a wonderful city, the people are warm, and the city just rocks ! Be it the City center or the Park street or the Rabindra Sadan one can find a wide array of interests from fine arts to discos. My favourite hangouts are Roxy & Marrakesh. If you want to enjoy music & shake your leg a bit nothing can beat Some Place Else. No discussion on Calcutta is complete with out mentioning the restaurants here. The eateries are fabulous (http://www.kolkata-india.com/food/restaurants.html) I being a veggie, never knew Bong cuisine has some fine vegetarian delicacies till I checked out Kewpees, one of the finest desi restaurants I have ever been to. And no other city in India can boast of such heritage, not to forget the innumerable legends such as Mother Teresa, Tagore, Amartya Sen et al who are in some way or other connected to this city.
I wish I can write an Ode to this great City, but I am not a poet. So I just pick my camera and shoot this pic from the window of my office as a memoir of our stay.
2 comments:
Though I have been to this city of Joy just once, it was a life time experience...
All the best for IIMA PGPX...
Btw, you are actually coming down to my home-state now.. :)
All the best for IIMA PGPX:)
i had spent 4 yrs of engg(jadavpur) in Kolkata,during 1987-91
How is the placements there in PGPX?I am trying for CFA(AIMR) after my M tech(IITD)+10 yr govt exp
I am a govt servant,aged 37
pls share yr thoughts regarding ISB also
I love finance and consulting
Post a Comment