Thursday, January 4, 2007

Random ramblings

Till a couple of weeks back, I was actively researching and probing on various schools as I really wanted to do find the best fit. The leads I opened still keep tricking in information, some times a repeat, sometimes reinforcing a point,but rarely new insights. So I am kinda saturated now with all of this stuff. Nor am I actually enthu to pursue it. Yes in last one month, it has been majorly about PGPX. My sources have been Profs at IIMA, Students- PGPX & PGP, MNC recruiters at IIMA, Competition (ISB, INSEAD, IMD alums) et al. I have realised in the end, I got to decide based on fitment of core aspects and move on. As I always do at work, I summarise-
  1. I am keen on working in India in future
  2. Not looking for a career switch, infact wanting to leverage my WE bank balance
  3. Keen on competency building.
  4. Networking

While most of us incl I have decided on going to IIM-A, I suspect few may choose to drop.

We are planning to take a month break between work & academia, to manage the transition. Break reminds me, of the recent short one I had over the long week end around new years. We (I, my wifee and kiddo) had gone to amusement parks, shopped, watched movies and ate out. It was complete fun. In hindsight I realised, it was a small get away but we deprived ourselves of it for a long while now. Feel really good about doing it at last. Will need kilo amperes of such recharges to load myself with full energy for the year ahead !

For the movie buffs: although I may have seen it late, Dhoom 2(a recent Bollywood movie) was perfect eye candy stuff . With Hrithik, Ash & Bipasa flaunting and their toned bodies, the movie was full of glamour and gloss than anything else. Turned out to be the right milieu for some one like me, who was wanting to chillax.

No comments: