Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's raining jobs at IIMA !

Trickles of placement information from IIMA about PGPX placements is catching every one's attention. I have received numerous calls since morning from friends and well wishers, either wanting to understand the full story behind placements and some inside information. This is after some media reports claiming a PGPX student getting a US$ 300K job offer. I wish I had the inside information.
PGPX follows rolling placements and hence it would be juvenile to expect full blooded stats on placements before the roll stops. I am not expecting answers to queries about placements that we have and slicing and dicing of information before we go to AHD. There is a view point within some of us in our class that IIMA should publish (once the placements are over) data on placements with median, jobs classified on Finance/Consult/Industry type, geo based classification etc just as foreign B schools (INSEAD / IMD / LBS) do. Because averages and highest salary figures do not tell the full story !

No comments: