This one is going to be a certain IIMA memoir for most of us. The prof who taught us Financial Markets, not only helped in developing an intuitive understanding of debt, equity and derivative markets but also connected with us so well, that most reckon her to be more a friend than a teacher. For us, Sujata has re-defined teaching in B Schools. She was simply superb !
As we all gathered this evening, to say thanks to this great teacher, I was awestruck with the amount of love and affection she had won from the class in 6 weeks flat. As she stood listening to people sharing their experiences with her and was receiving souvenirs and good wishes, a simple truth dawned on me. To win the respect and love of people like students and sub-ordinates (who owe no obligation to return favours/say good words) you not only have to be good in what you do (she was amazing in fin fundas - BS(MIT), MBA(IIMA) and great pedagogy), but also have to be a good human being(she was extremely helping, caring and approachable).
Personally, it has been wonderful and gratifying experience with you, Sujata. Your advice has been extremely useful and I hope to find my goal on the path I am choosing.
Till we meet again..... Adieu.
As we all gathered this evening, to say thanks to this great teacher, I was awestruck with the amount of love and affection she had won from the class in 6 weeks flat. As she stood listening to people sharing their experiences with her and was receiving souvenirs and good wishes, a simple truth dawned on me. To win the respect and love of people like students and sub-ordinates (who owe no obligation to return favours/say good words) you not only have to be good in what you do (she was amazing in fin fundas - BS(MIT), MBA(IIMA) and great pedagogy), but also have to be a good human being(she was extremely helping, caring and approachable).
Personally, it has been wonderful and gratifying experience with you, Sujata. Your advice has been extremely useful and I hope to find my goal on the path I am choosing.
Till we meet again..... Adieu.
3 comments:
Can you tell me how many people in your batch have 5years experience when they joined PGPX. What are their profiles like? I have a 750/ 4yrs exp as of now and only 6weeks of abroad experience :( As I did Masters, I am 27yrs old now. We run a group of websites from which we have revenues (through adds and in excess of average international salary of PGPX BatchI:) )
What do you suggest? Should I try?
No body who has done masters/ bachelors has got workex less than 7 yrs. Except for one, who has done his PHD (he has 5 yrs) everyone else has workex>= 7 yrs.
I am not sure if you would fit the PGPX criteria, but would suggest you check with Alok Jain (manager PGPX) and then apply.
ATB
Thanks for your quick reply.
Post a Comment