Friday, June 8, 2007

End of Term 1


It has been over 9 weeks since coming over here. Late night case discussions in syndicate, dozing off in classes and exams loomed large on my term 1 impressions. As the term is nearing its conclusion, we had a dinner organised thanks to Tejbir.

We've got 2 more end terms tomorrow and one take home exam for the weekend. But today's exam has been a disaster for many. I will not go into the details of how some of us screwed up, but suffice to say- it's been a great leveler of sorts.

Term 1 mostly dealt with basic management courses called, Building Blocks in PGPX parlance. Some of the BB courses deal with balance sheets, P&Ls, consolidations, relevant costs, variance analysis, performance analysis, OB, Strategic HRM, Brands, OM, Stats, LP, Micro Eco and others. Mind you the courses themselves are not called by these names. The emphasis has been on group based learning with at least 30-40% credits to group based work in general.


BB continues in term2, which is commencing from the 11th June. I am looking ahead to this weekend, to catch up on sleep and may be watch a movie.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LoL :) Yes, that sounds pretty much like our Term 1 too. All the best for the remaining exams, and catch up on your sleep - you will need it.

Raju Komaravolu said...

thanks dude. I saw your gtalk post very late, but you're gone by then.howz the new job treating you?

Anonymous said...

Lets just say I have been given some time to catch up on my sleep.

Pure unadulterated torture has been promised in the not so distant future :)

Anonymous said...

the term I, for me just sped away. It still feels to me as if it were only last week that i landed here.
I just hope the next term gives some breathers.

Anonymous said...

tejbir: Err..:)

XVSA013 said...

Interesting blog you have here ... I plan to apply to this program ... please keep your experiences coming :)

Raju Komaravolu said...

tejbir: well, 3 weeks into term2, when is the breather coming. another 6 weeks and we are into well... almost into term 3.

mowgli: all the best !