While the husbands (well most of us are) are busy mugging (our lingo for studying.. .ahem!), the spouses group has been really hitting well of as group. The IIMA new campus is a typical site to watch these days. The sprawling lawns in front of CR11 and the shack (which is our hope at 3 am in the nite for a cuppa tea) made a perfect setting for the 20 odd women and their kiddos to have a get together at 11 pm ! While the crowd played antakshari and rejoiced outside, we morons mugged inside our syndicates and star gazed, mera time kab aayega? (longed for the good times).
Being here with my family perhaps has been the best decisions I have made. Contrary to many people telling me that family might be a hindrance to my studies, I found it works the other way round. My family being with me, has been huge source of support and strength. In fact the little time I get to spend with my son, is what I use for recreation. In 3.5 years since he was born, I never spent such quality time with him. That makes me realise, the one year also gives us time and space with family which was dearly missed in the work life rut. I am loving it.
Being here with my family perhaps has been the best decisions I have made. Contrary to many people telling me that family might be a hindrance to my studies, I found it works the other way round. My family being with me, has been huge source of support and strength. In fact the little time I get to spend with my son, is what I use for recreation. In 3.5 years since he was born, I never spent such quality time with him. That makes me realise, the one year also gives us time and space with family which was dearly missed in the work life rut. I am loving it.
No comments:
Post a Comment